Sunday, January 7, 2024

Friday - Last Day - Bimini Resorts World

Today is the last day of our cruise! 😓 Our last shore excursion is to visit the Hilton Resort called Resorts World, which will give us access to their beach and pools.

We awoke to pea soup fog but it had cleared to a sunny day by noon. The water is so blue!!

After a burger for lunch from the Dive-In, Sam decided to stay aboard while I went to explore the resort. My goal, once again, is to swim in the ocean. A short tram side around the resort dropped me off at the beach/pool. Its beautiful! Interestingly, there aren't many people around. I think we're too early in the season.

A walk across the beautiful sandy beach takes me to the ocean.....it's cold!!! Just like when were at the Half Moon Cay last week, its too cold. So, I decided to take a dip in their big pool - its cold too! So, I gave up and returned to the ship and jumped into the Lido pool - its also cold!! So I went into the hottub. Now that was warm! (Note: I did gert into the ocean enough to say I swam in the ocean, but it was not pleasant).

Final dinner tonight with our Cleveland friends Britt and Paulette, then a final comedian show in the Main Theater. We have really enjoyed our short friendship with Britt and Paulette. They are staying on the ship, doing a "back to back".  Now, we have to pack for our disembarking first thing tomorrow. The plan is for Holland to take us to the airport, where we will find our way to the rental car center. We'll take a few more days exploring the Keys before heading home.

A final note on our cruise: It was nearly perfect! Great weather everyday, excellent food, great shows and entertainment, new friends.  Wow!




Crew Training












Condo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday/Wednesday January 2-3, 2024

After a long day of uneventful flying, (flying East from Vegas is spectacular!) we arrived at our hotel in Ft Lauderdale , The Delmar and E...